I am my parents daughter.
But I am also my grandparents first grandchild. And my brother's only sister.
I am a mosaic, a puzzle put together, piece by piece, by every person that has ever mattered to me, even for a moment.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'm able to condense my entire story onto one small page. I feel like that is a nearly impossible task. But I can tell you parts of the story. Reveal to you a few puzzle pieces, a few paint strokes of my life's mosaic.
I write the number 7 with a horizontal line through the middle because when I went to school in France that's how they'd write it to differentiate between ones and sevens.
I've worn the same black cleats with white stripes down the sides since middle school because they were the same kind of shoes my dad wore when he played soccer in the '80s.
Every time I greet my grandma, I try to sneak up on her because one time she called me her "stealth" and I wanted to hear her say that every time.
I like math. But I mean, I really like it. And its because my Grandpa loves math too, and anytime I had trouble with homework I'd call him up over the phone and I know I'd be making his day just by talking about y-intercepts and geometry rules.
Every time I eat an Oreo I think of my best friend because she taught me how to make Oreo cake balls my freshman year, and I'd take her to go get deep fried Oreos and milk at a cafe near our houses.
My favorite animal is a ladybug because they're considered lucky and my room at my old house was really sunny and I was constantly finding ladybugs on the windowsills.
I love reading novels because one day when I was 10 a librarian showed me the teen section of the library and asked me what grade I was in Highschool.
I am a collage of everyone I've ever met. My teachers, my friends, my parents, strangers. The seams overlapping and interconnecting, invisible to the naked eye, but there none the less. So ask me, and I'll paint the picture. A few strokes at a time. A few stories, a funny memory, but another reason I can't tell you my complete story is because... I'm still writing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.