Sunday, May 9, 2021

Lentz - Assignment 23

For this assignment I tried really hard to think of a specific circumstance you could be in where music would be essential. The best one I could think of is after a fun night out with friends where you'd need music to help reflect on the night and keep up the good energy as you go to sleep. The songs in it will be in order of how the night would end.

1. Ventura Highway - America. This song would play right when you hop into your car to carry you through until you return home. After an awesome event all you're going to think about on the way back is what great of a time you had. When I listen to this song I can just smile along with the nice guitar playing in the background and I can see myself happy with life. I also feel like it is a great car song so it would just work perfectly in this situation.

2. Livin' Thing - Electric Light Orchestra. Now you've just arrived home. You need a song to help you pack up everything you brought home and help you start to settle down. This song has the perfect mix of unpeatedness and slow rhythm to keep you feeling warm inside. I can see myself nodding my head and humming along to this song as I lock up my house, pet my animals, and change into comfy clothes before I hop into the shower or do whatever I have to do to prepare myself for the next day and go to bed.

3. My Sweet Lord - George Harrison. At this point you're still thinking about the fun night out you've just had and are yearning for the next night a similar event can occur. This song is repetitive so you can easily just think about and fully sum up your whole night. Also the repetitive can start to slow down your mind and make your eyelids heavy. This would be a great time to say goodnight to whoever you need to and just start to lay down and be at peace.

For songs 4 and 5, its time to settle down and listen to two songs from my favorite band to help fully clear your mind and go to bed.

4. Wasted Time - Eagles. For me, there's nothing like the slow beat and the perfect vocals which play over this song. From start to finish, this song won't put you to sleep, but it will keep you floating comfortably, and you will want to do nothing except soak up the song and relax. This will allow you to stop thinking about anything else and prepare you for sleep.

5. Desperado - Eagles. Now you will probably have just a small amount of consciousness left, and as your breaths get longer and longer and your body sinks deeper and deeper into your bed, you need that final encouragement to put you to sleep. When I feel, warm, tired, and in a good mood, this song just ignites me. Something about it just makes me forget everything wrong in the world, and I find it hard to listen to different songs after this one plays late at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...