On most occasions in which I’m asked to talk about “who I am”, I usually pull the race card. I was born in China and adopted as a baby. I’m not necessarily sure that makes me unique though, as thousands of kids were adopted from China in the past two decades, but it’s an easy answer to the question at hand because it's fact. I’m not sure how to explain the defining characteristics of my identity because it’s less of a fact and more of an interpretation. Most of the time I don’t know why I am the I am. I’m just simply existing. I think it’s a bit frustrating that colleges expect students to answer this existential question of “who are you” because realistically most high school students don’t know who they are. High school and college are critical times in finding that identity. I don’t think students should be rushed into figuring out who they are and what their story is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.