Friday, March 19, 2021

Cottle - Assignment 21

 One obstacle that I really struggled with was my transition to high school. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand that it was a big change for everyone, but I found it especially difficult. From kindergarten to eighth grade, I went to them same small school with the same small class sizes and the same teachers. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining; I put my blood, sweat, and tears into that school. I loved everything about it, got involved in as many things as I could, and even worked at their summer camp for a couple summers. So, when the time came for me to attend high school, I was not prepared. At all. I mourned the school the way that some would mourn lost loved ones. I'm not really going to go into any more detail because it's in the past and I'm in no way trying to evoke pity, but let's just say I struggled and I'm so very thankful for my parents and friends that were there for me through it all. Anyways, the point is that changing schools, no matter how much I liked Henry Clay, was a big obstacle for me. In overcoming it, I learned something very important: it is important to be able to love and be completely content with a situation and place without making your world revolve around it. My love for that place is unwavering and I'm forever grateful for my experiences, but I needed to experience that loss and process my emotions in a healthy and constructive way to improve my emotional maturity for the future. Also, I'd like to note that I have had an extremely lucky and privileged life and that this obstacle is probably nothing in the grand scheme of things, but it is something that was a big obstacle in my personal life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...