Monday, March 22, 2021
Assignment 21 - Liau
One thing that I always think about is how everyone could perceive colors differently and we don't know it. For example, my idea of red could not match your idea but society says what we see is red so we call it red. However, the color we perceive isn't the same for both of us even though we think it is. I don't know why this bothers me so much but ever since middle school when my science teacher pointed it out I can't stop thinking about it and how annoying it is. Obviously, a perfect solution would be to measure the light the differences in the light waves and how that contributes to color. The only problem is that you can't exactly replicate what another person sees so these tests wouldn't work. I think it would be cool to develop a machine or chemical or something that can alter our vision to see what another person sees and therefore view colors through their perspective. I have zero idea if this is even possible or been tested before, but I think answering this question could tell us a lot about society as there are many theories on how color affects our behavior, mood, and chemicals in our brain. While this isn't a problem per se, it's a constant nagging in the back of my brain and I'd love to finally have an answer (and in the process, it'd probably answer some important questions psychologists have).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.