So the sport I've taken part in for the past 8 ish years is swimming. It's not something I love all the time, but whenever I have too long of a break from it I miss it. When the coronavirus first put us all in two quarantine I was so excited to have a break from going to swim, but about two months in I started to miss it so much. So a few years ago my shoulder had been hurting really bad, like really really bad. But I kept swimming on it for about two week before I made it to the doctor. Turns out I had/have scapular dyskinesia, which is just fancy for saying how my shoulder was messed up. I didn't think it would effect me too much at the time, but I ended up just having to kick at practice for about eight months. I also went to physical therapy before school three times a week. So about two months in my parents began asking me if I even wanted to keep swimming, and I honestly considered quitting. I was in eighth grade also, so I wasn't as mature with making my decisions. Sticking out the 8 months before I could return to actually swimming, as well as the two months after building up my strength and stamina was a big obstacle I undertook. Even though I'm still struggling with that problem today, I learned that when things get bad like that to just stick it out. Now I have some of the best friends ever form the sport, and hardcore exercise that I would've lost from quitting. Swimming also teaches you so much discipline because it takes so much practice to maintain your shape, and I think it's what gave me the ability to power through that time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.