My mother started law school when I was three. She had me young, yes, but that wasn't the reason I was so old by her start date. She had already finished graduate school. She and my dad met at Vanderbilt in the philosophy graduate program. My dad was nearing the end of his second PhD (the first being for German Literature) and they met and fell in love. They got married in June of 2002 and moved to Vienna, Austria to have their first child: me. My mom wanted me to be born abroad, so instead of waiting to have me, she deferred from Harvard for a year. My parents are academics. My dad taught as a lecturer for the philosophy department at Harvard while my mom went to law school. It definitely overshadowed me. Their greatness, while incredible, can be quite daunting sometimes. I hope I grow up to be as smart as them. I want to major in either philosophy, psych, or polisci. I want to go to thirteen different schools, I want to live, but most importantly, I want to make them proud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.