Sunday, March 28, 2021

Assignment 21 - Bird-Pollan

     Recently, I had the opportunity to run for a position I've wanted to run for since the seventh grade. I actually had already run in the eighth grade for this role, but I didn't win. I had much more confidence this time. I was three years older, I was much more friendly and sociable, and I knew more about the position I was running for. I went in excited and hopeful but knowing I was not guaranteed this position. I lost the position after three days of the best conference I have ever been to. I do not want to lie though. It hurt. I thought I had done enough campaigning and had made enough friends to win. When my name wasn't called, my heart broke a little bit. I've longed for this position for so long, and now, after all this time, I lose the position to a girl who said she only came to the conference because her friend forced her to. It really hurt. I cried. I didn't want to think about it though. I honestly still don't really want to think about it. That's the thing about life though; cheesy as it may sound, it goes on. There will be other things I love, and there will be other positions to win. I just won't have won this one. I'm beginning to make peace with the fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...