An experience that I feel has had a large impact on me as a person and myself in general was the act of moving. Moving from Florida to Kentucky was spontaneous to say the least, with merely a few months notice given before we finally made the drive. I was so incredibly excited and nervous that car ride, knowing my life would completely change as I left the house I had lived in most of my life and friends I had known even longer.
Moving states gave me an amazing chance to start new and have a clean slate. I think it has affected me personally because I was able to explore myself and be outwardly be myself more without fear of judgement because I flat out didn't know anyone to even judge me. I was able to act more freely, without any past insecurities from Florida holding me behind. It made me realize how much of my anxiety was truly just in my head and that it was not just something adults liked to tell you. Moving gave me much more self confidence as well, the fact that I adjusted to Kentucky and became so with many people here so fast made me not as afraid of things like college.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.