Sunday, March 28, 2021

Assignment 21- Fister

 A challenge I faced some months back was doing job interviews. I didn't really need a job, just wanted one. I wasn't depending on getting hired for anything, just wanted to. I had several interviews lined up, so if one went horribly I had back ups. And yet still, I was nervous before and during all of them. Even one where I just had to submit recordings of myself answering questions, and not even interact with a human person, I was nervous. I get to my first in person interview, and the Kroger dude tells me to stand over in a spot and wait for "Kristal" (yes it was spelled that way.) Okay, simple. I stand and wait awkwardly in the spot where I kind of think he might have been talking about, and every time a woman passes by I stare at her just in case she is Kristal. Once she shows up, we do the interview, and it goes well. She asks if I can do a position that I did not apply for and can't do, so I explain I can't, and she informs me they don't actually have any other positions open, so I say thanks anyway and leave. Lucky for me, the Fazoli's by my house will hire anyone with a pulse. Next thing I know, its 4 months later, and my finger tips are gone, their place taken by peeling skin and burn scars. Ultimately, I know it is important to have a job and learn how to do job interviews, not for places like Fazoli's, but real jobs (no offense Fazoli's) later down the road. I am glad to have gotten the awkward first experience out of the way so I will be more prepared and confident for the interviews I have in the future. Or maybe I will climb the corporate ladder and become CEO of Fazoli's, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...