Sunday, February 14, 2021

Carter-17

 One of the films I watched over winter break with my family was “The Grand Budapest Hotel.” It was recommended by my brother who watched it during his architecture class in college.It is a very odd movie with a spiraling plot and eccentric characters. It has a very blunt, deadpan humor throughout that is emphasized by the general absurdity of the entire movie. The movie follows the owner of the hotel, M. Gustave, and his lobby boy Zero. Gustave is utterly devoted to his hotel and their recurring clients. One such client dies and leaves Gustave a priceless painting, much to the chagrin of the rest of the family. A scene to me that really captures the essence of the movie, is when M. Gustave finds himself in prison, and to escape, he and a group of inmates tunnel out of the cell using very tiny tools that had been smuggled inside of baked goods. The whole scene is ridiculous, but very enjoyable to watch, which applies to how I felt during the entire movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...