Sunday, February 14, 2021

Assignment 19 - Pedersen

     The best advice I have ever been given was not directly for me, but I took personally regardless. Arnold Schwarzenegger was giving an inspirational speech in which he said something along the lines of "don't have a plan b." This advice is something that I look back on when I need motivation to work towards a certain goal. Schwarzenegger said that the reason we lack motivation to do school work or to train for a marathon or any other goal is because we have something to fall back on. Having a plan b stops you from reaching your full potential and will stop you from aiming for a goal that you can actually achieve. Don't plan for failure or you will fail. Plan only for success and you will succeed. Since hearing this I haven't drastically changed my lifestyle or my ultimate goals, but the thought process behind my goals has changed. I continue to keep options open for college, sports, and careers, but rather than making decisions based on their chances of success, I make decisions based on the effort that I know I can put in. I choose something that I really want and I put 100% into that as opposed to 50% in one and 50% in another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...