Sunday, February 14, 2021

Assignment 19- Gersony

 My dad once shared with me a few yiddish sayings (mostly insults), the highlights containing gems such as “I hope you die a sweet death, being hit by a sugar truck” and “I hope all of your teeth fall out except one, and that one hurts''. But, among them was a saying that stuck with me. It goes “Mann Tracht, Un Gott Lach”. This translates to “Man plans, and God Laughs”. I am a planner, I have always been a planner and I will probably always be one. Every detail must be thought about beforehand, every possible error predicted and prevented. But I never could have anticipated the events of last year. Covid-19 made me feel so powerless, and no amount of planning on my part could have prevented it. It made me question how much control I really had in life. This saying ,“Man plans, and God Laughs”, made me realize that most of the time I don't have any, none of us do. Of course not everything is out of my control, but there is no sense in worrying about what is. I have come to understand that the best strategy is to plan, but also be able to adapt, and be flexible to whatever life throws at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...