A couple weeks ago I had a Cars marathon with a friend and we watched all three of the movies in that series. Only the first two are written by the same director, John Lasseter so I will compare those. The first Cars movie is an absolute classic. The idea of a world where cars take the place of humans is quite smart because there are so many ways you can go with it. I remember watching this movie as a kid and I absolutely loved it and when I rewatched it I still loved it though not as much. One of the things watching a second time made me realize was just how self-centered Lightning McQueen was, I guess this flew over my head when I was little but rewatching it was quite evident. Tow Mater, one of my favorite characters when I was younger, I found slightly annoying this time watching. This was more evident in Cars 2 where he was made a more main character, which I think was what made Cars 2 disliked so much. Cars 2 was a great idea in terms of the world grand prix because it opened up the series from being just about stock car racing to more types of cars. The Tow Mater secret agent part of it was just awful. The whole thing was just Tow Mater being stupid and coincidentally solving some international crime. So overall I think the sequel is significantly worse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.