Monday, February 15, 2021

Assignment 19- Fister

“Find a job you enjoy doing, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” -Mark Twain

I don't remember where I originally heard this quote, my dad might have told it to me. Once after complaining about school I had an adult tell me to enjoy my time now because "it only gets worse." This is an awful way to look at life and I don't want my job to just be the way I get money so I don't starve. I want to enjoy my life on a day to day basis, especially since I can choose my own career path. I want to have an interesting job that changes and isn't the same thing day to day. I don't want to be like the guys in Office Space. This quote/advice has had a big influence on me and I will keep it in mind for the future when I am in college and preparing to enter the working world. It doesn't pertain as much to my current life, seeing as my job options are limited and thus I am employed by Fazoli's and do not enjoy it, but as an adult I will be very careful of what job(s) I pursue and remain at.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...