The film 500 Days of Summer can easily be classified as a “comfort movie”. I’m a bit of sucker for rom-coms so naturally I was drawn to the appearance of the film. However, after watching the movie it is evident that it is unlike any other sappy rom-com of its genre. The characters and story line do not depict a perfect, fairy tale romance, but rather a much more realistic perspective of relationships. I think the purpose of the movie and characters can be easily misunderstood by audiences. The main characters have a good level complexity and depth which is what creates such an intriguing story. The film really illustrates the contrast between expectation versus reality. While nothing quite dramatic occurs in the plot of the film, something kept me watching until the end, and brings me back to watch again and again. 500 Days of Summer is one of those movies you can watch repeatedly and find something new every time. It is not necessarily a movie with the typical “happy ending” like most comfort movies, but instead leaves viewers with a new perspective of love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.