There are many things I care about in this world because as a human we all have passions. However, one issue that makes me heated is the continued carelessness for the wellbeing of the environment by people in power. I'm not much of a spiritual or zen type of person, but I don't think you need to be any great wilderness person to care about the environment. Every time I see something on the news about our government taking away funding from environment protection agencies and foundations (and recently the thought of building oil drilling sites in the Arctic Reserve), it just makes me sick to see selfish people destroying our world for some paper that people decide controls their lives. It's hard to see people reject climate change, and I know that to these people all that they're worried about is making the most out of their lives to themselves, but even if I were to die before any big environmental catastrophe, I would want to make sure to leave the world as clean as it was when I entered it if I had any say in these big decisions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.