Sunday, December 13, 2020

Assignment 15 - Pedersen

 One thing that really makes me lose track of time is conspiracy theories. I could read up on conspiracy theories for hours and think I had been reading for 15 minutes. Just thinking about the implications of one of these theories being true is truly crazy to think about. One of my favorite conspiracy theories is the Mandela Effect and every time I look into I spend more time thinking about it. This theory implies that our memory of events is different from how they actually happened due to a change in dimensions. This seems extremely far fetched, I too am not sure I believe it, but there have been some freak occurrences that make it almost impossible to rule out. One of these will probably confuse you as it did the majority of the population. Everybody grew up with Sunday cartoons and those who didn't are surely missing out. Do you remember the TV show with iconic characters like Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny? Hopefully you do. Do you remember what it was called? Now that you have the name of the show in your head, think about its spelling. "Looney Toons" is what I presume you came up with. The incorrect spelling of "tunes" to match the double "O" in "Looney". This seems like what the majority of people came up with and yet "toons" was never misspelled on the show. Even in the intro the title was simply "Looney Tunes" spelled exactly as you see it there. This collective false memory is an example of the Mandela Effect. It keeps me up at night pondering the practical reasoning as well as the far fetched theories that come with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...