Since my father has remarried for the third time my step mother Stephanie has a sister and we call her Aunt Chris. Aunt Chris has continued to crack us up over the holidays from Thanksgiving to christmas and even the 4th of July. The first holiday I remember with Chris was Thanksgiving freshman year. Normally Steph, my dad, and I do not celebrate thanksgiving so we decided to throw some various holiday dishes together. We baked a turkey and made many dishes homemade so we could really show everyone that we could cook but the last thing on the list to make was mashed potatoes. Now because of our time constraint my dad decided to quickly throw together some instant mashed potatoes and call it a day. As we began eating we all went around and were talking about how good everything was and discussing our favorite item. (My personal favorite was the homemade mac n cheese and the sweet potato casserole) Finally it came to Aunt Chris, and to our surprise she began going on about how amazing our mashed potatoes were. We never had the heart to tell her that they were made in three minutes instantly and my dad was even more disappointed that his 12 hour meal he prepared was out-shined by instant mashed potatoes. So thank you aunt Chris for making my holiday and continuing to ask for my dads special mashed potatoes at every family meal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.