Sunday, December 13, 2020

Assignment 13 - Lentz

Nothing is more upsetting to me than the act of raising a glass, and saying "cheers." Like seriously? You can't just make a toast without obnoxiously clanking glasses, then taking a large sip that no one wants to take? Is there not a more practical way of being appreciative? The only time anyone even thinks about giving a toast is during a celebration. Like c'mon! We already know you're appreciative, now please don't make us CLANK our glasses. The screech that emerges from tapping your glass is no art, but indeed an obtrusive act of malevolence eroding at the poor glass! Can you just say thank you and move on with life? The redness of my face that appears when I am manipulated into "cheering" is not from enjoyment or the warm environment of the room, but instead the sheer embarrassment I cannot escape resulting from this blasphemous tradition. For the last time, show your appreciation in other ways and just drink your drink or you will be avoided by me AT ALL COSTS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...