Sunday, December 13, 2020

Assignment 9- Osburn

    I’m not much of a talker, especially around other people; I’m pretty quiet. However, with today’s social and political climate I think something I would be interested in speaking about is injustice in the United States’ justice system. Previously, I had never been into politics or anything of that sort but 2020 has definitely opened my eyes to many important civil rights issues. With the rise of the Black Lives Matter movement I took it upon myself to watch a mini-series on Netflix entitled When They See Us. The series tells the true story of the wrongly convicted Central Park Five. It depicts their conviction and their years in and out of the prison system as innocent black men. This show probably made me cry more than anything ever has because it wasn’t fictional, or for entertainment. It was a true story about real people and the same thing is happening to real people today. Therefore, justice is something that I’ve come to really care about and is something that everyone should care about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...