Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Assignment 7- Osburn

    This may be an unpopular opinion but one of the most important factors of a school for me is location. Realistically any college can offer you the proper education that you need to succeed. Many students are focused on prestige but I don’t care much for it. Many graduated students from prestigious universities end up in the same place as students from lesser known schools. I think location is an important factor to consider in college decisions. Location can heavily affect job or internship opportunities, networking, and lifestyle. Hence, the majority of the schools on my obscure list of mostly reach schools are located in big, busy cities across the country. Like a lot of other high school juniors, I don’t have a clear idea of what I want to do with my life. As I dedicate more time to research though, I am interested in a career in business management or something along those lines. Larger cities like Boston, Chicago, Seattle, or New York seem to have better, yet more competitive, career opportunities than Lexington in such fields. I feel as though continuing to attend school in the same small town that I grew up in is limiting for my future career goals. I think that travelling outside of your hometown is an important component of the college experience because it gives you the opportunity to explore a new community. It also makes coming home more special. However, I know that the idea of going to college in a big city is far fetched for me because it is competitive and expensive. I’ve been prepared to go to the University of Kentucky for a while because my father works at the hospital, and it would be ideal financially for my parents. Attending UK wouldn’t be the end of the world, but in a way it would feel like a disappointing settlement. Regardless of where I end up, I am terrified of college. The thought of being an independent adult in less than two years is daunting. College seemed like such a distant concept but now it’s practically here and I am dreading it because truthfully I still feel like an eighth grader.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...