Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Assignment 5- Osburn

    With the increasing popularity of social media and other media entertainment platforms recently, I don’t find myself watching as much television as I used to. Before my family got rid of our cable I was obsessed with HGTV. But now I rarely watch, or stream, TV. This could possibly be due to my constantly minimizing attention span, partially in thanks to my TikTok obsession. However, this is not all to say that I never watch any television shows. Now I watch most shows on Netflix which has developed my habit of binge watching. I must admit that when I begin watching a show that I enjoy, I become a bit obsessive. I typically use TV shows as somewhat of an escape to distract myself from the impending dooms of reality. This being combined with my obsessive tendencies, I love watching comfort shows. I love watching light-hearted sitcoms and pretending I live in their world where problems seem to always resolve themselves by the end of the episode. My favorite of course is New Girl. Controversially I am also a big fan of Friends. While Friends may not have been comedic genius, like New Girl, it makes me feel safe and relieves my stress. I can appreciate good shows with a constructive plot too, such as The Good Place, Jane the Virgin, and Stranger Things. Though honestly Stranger Things was pushing my limit a bit as I became paranoid a demogorgon was living in my bedroom wall. As interesting as thriller shows may seem, I really try to keep myself away from them because I don’t want to insert myself in that kind of world. I can appreciate the works of shows like NCIS or Criminal Minds, but my anxiety can’t afford for me to dig myself into that hole of paranoia.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...