Sunday, November 1, 2020

Assignment 2- Mihaylov

 I've always been interested in science, especially biology and chemistry. Before sophomore year had started, I had read enough on chemistry to the point that I understood the class easily. This is what eventually lead me to Gray's Anatomy. This book is by far one of my favorites, simply because it explains the human body so well. It is basically an anatomy guide that has illustrations and is crucial if I want to have a future career in medicine. Non-fiction aside, I have also read the Count of Monte Cristo, a wonderful book about a revenge tale. It was written by Alexander Dumas, who also wrote The Three Musketeers. While I did attempt to read it, it was a little to detail-oriented and slow, and Dumas focused too much on setting and scenery, which slowed the plot down considerably. Some people praise him for this, because it enhances the reader's vision of the setting and characters. Another great book I read this summer was 20000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne. From the vivd descriptions to the adventures that take place, I almost immediately got hooked into reading more of his works. Verne always wrote about science-fiction, and wrote A Journey to the Center of the Earth, another favorite of mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...