I feel like, in this day and age, information has become widely available via the internet, books, and magazines, as well as radio, and many more modes of communication. So why do people choose to refute this? Why do people believe things they want to hear rather than what is objectively more true? I'll take the Flat Earth as an example. People have continuously argued this idea until in ancient Greece, many philosophers, including Aristotle, argued that it is spherical. The idea behind this was supported after wards by the Heliocentric Theory, that the sun is what the Earth orbits around. The main point I'm trying to make is that people will not listen to facts and reason if those clash with their ideologies. And why don't they? In doing so, they are not only limiting their knowledge, but also lose their credibility as a person. We can regard to each other as sources of information. We regard teachers in such a manner. We regard friends in this manner. We regard family members in this manner. Why can't we do this anymore? Why do people find a need for spreading misinformation?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.