Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Bird-Pollan - Assignment 5

 I watch tv to relax. I live a really stressful and anxiety-inducing life, so watching tv at the end of a school day often gives me an outlet to let loose and do something totally mindlessly. This is why I mainly stay away from political shows on the weekdays. I watch shows like Mrs. America and Designated Survivor on the weekends when my mind isn't running a mile a minute. On weekdays, when I have time, I watch shows like New Girl or Community because they're much less mentally draining; I consider them my comfort shows. I've also been watching Dharma and Greg, but I haven't decided whether I like it or not yet because it perpetuates some harmful stereotypes about men being the partners who do the "real work" and women being aloof and spirited. Of course, since it's from twenty years ago, this is a bit to be expected, but I can't decide whether to stomach it or not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...