Thursday, October 29, 2020

Assignment 5- Gersony

 I have a great appreciation for television. It is impossible to judge all of television’s quality of entertainment, because each show is different and serves different purposes. Thousands of shows are produced each year, each telling unique stories through different formats made by different people. Some shows are the pinnacle of human creativity, creating entire worlds on a screen, and others cover complex topics in a meaningful way that spark real conversation. Some are shallow money grabbing opportunities by companies. Even still, I believe that all television shows can act as time captures for culture, similar to historical art. Shows and movies are wonderful tools for teaching empathy, compassion, or other powerful lessons. It is more engaging for most than long essays or speeches, and more accessible. Events such as the Emmys are full of fluff, but if one chooses to look closer they will find true appreciation for a great and relevant art form. As for if the Emmys outshine the Nobel Prize announcement, I think there is a place for both in our media and culture. The Filmmaking industry cannot be held responsible for what society finds more engaging.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...