Thursday, October 29, 2020

Assignment 3- Emerson Gersony

Every year, at least twice, my immediate family embarks on the 21 hour total drive to New York to visit my extended family. My aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents all live dispersed in and out of the city. The annual trips have been a constant in my life since I was born. Because of this, I have always known the scale of Lexington in comparison to one of the largest cities in the United states. I have learned, only through my experiences traveling to and visiting NYC, that I am drawn to large cities. I feel that one must try to experience the most out of life and the only way to do so is to live in a place jammed full of other humans. I remember being small and walking in the city, looking at the towering appartement building and being surrounded by people in the busy street, and thinking, there is no way that all of these people are living just like me. I couldn't comprehend that everyone I passed, had places to be, had a history, and had a future. It still baffles me how it is even possible that everyone to ever exist has had a complex life. I think the only way I ever will, is if I live in a place like NYC that is crammed with people all living their lives, while I live my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...