I was born and grew up in Lexington so living wise I've only ever lived here but, both my parents and 90% of my family live in West Virginia, and so ever since I was born basically we go about three times a year to visit. Just from being there so much, I would say it has definitely had an impact on my life in a good way just because of how different it is compared to Lexington. My dad's grandparent's house which is where we go for Thanksgiving and Christmas with my dad's side of the family is located in Appalachia. The town they live in if you could even call it a town, considering you can see from one end of it to the other, is so far out in the middle of nowhere that you're closer to coal mines than you are to cell service. It's chill though because you realize how much we use our phones and when it's gone you find other things to do for fun. I think also just because my parents are from there and traveling to West Virginia so much I've kinda picked up that dialect a little bit but not enough you'd think I was from there. Other than Appalachia I haven't really had a full experience with any cultures I'd find super different from what I experience in Lexington.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.