Sunday, October 25, 2020

Weaver-Assignment 5

 I watch TV mostly for an escape or when I’m bored. I mostly watch comedy to just relax like Parks and Recreation or Community, or I rewatch the Godfather or Superbad or Shawshank Redemption. I think what makes me like a show is if it makes me laugh, because that's what keeps me watching. With a movie I like comedies, but I also like super dramatic movies that make you think, and I also have emotional connections to movies. This relates to the Godfather series, because I always watch it with my dad and my whole family watches it around Thanksgiving. I do think TV is an inane use of our time, but I also feel like it's okay to sometimes “waste” time if it brings you joy and relaxation. I think what the emphasis on awards shows such as the Emmys is that we put emphasis on the wrong things in order to find a distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...