I feel like I have questioned so many of the beliefs I used to hold. One that I have questioned lately is the idea of perfect. I used to believe and I feel like society insinuated onto me that there were perfect people in this world, people who did good at school and had lots of friends and tried the hardest, they ended up leading a happy life. But lately, I don't feel like this true. Perfect can be true to an extent, but if you are constantly striving for perfection, then when you fall short, you fall harder. I have been trying to be perfect but I set such high expectations for myself that when I don't do them, I get really sad. So is perfect really what I should be aiming for? Or should it be my best? Because in real life, I don't believe a perfect person exists anymore. We all have our faults and we have to accept and love each other despite those. How can I expect myself to be perfect if no one is? The thing that prompted my thinking with this is I feel like me and a lot of other people sometimes hold themselves to too high of a standard which takes a bad toll on our mental health.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.