Sunday, September 27, 2020

Lee-Assignment 2

I have read only a couple books this summer. The books I read were The Harry Potter Series, The Confessions of Young Nero, and The Joy Luck Club.

I read the Harry Potter Series over and over because it is my favorite series of books and I always enjoy reading it. I know its a children's series but through the break, I wanted to relax and read something that would not stress me out.

I also read The Confessions of Young Nero. This novel is about the childhood and young adulthood of Emperor Nero. The Roman Empire has always fascinated me and a book about one of the most notorious emperors from his perspective was something I had to read. The book is historical fiction but went into great detail about all the factors in how the emperor group up and what different experiences changed his life.

The last book I read was Tthe Joy Luck Club. This book I read for AP World last year. This story was from multiple different perspectives, all of them female, Chinese women. This was about the life experiences all the women had in their time periods and it helped open up a new perspective for me.

Reading used to be my favorite thing to do but recently the books that my mom has tried to force me to read are around the same storyline and it has caused me to not want to read. whenever I do find a new story such as the book about Nero, i enjoy it greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...