Saturday, May 15, 2021

Fister- Assignment 24

Junior year feels like a weird dream that you can't remember if its from last night or from a long time ago. The strangeness of ending sophomore year online became daily life with the bad news that the year would begin virtually. Not to fear, we will be back around October. Come October, this goal shifted to November, and so on until we went back in March. My actual learning was definitely minimal during the online time, never quite feeling like I was ever "in school." Returning in March felt like the beginning of a new year, and by April I actually found myself forgetting that it was not the fall. Before I never really enjoyed school, but it goes the saying that you don't know what you have until its gone. My grades during the virtual year didn't struggle but my mental health did. I felt so much better just being back in the building, despite more overall time being dedicated to the school day, and work after school leaving little to no time for other activities. Once we were back, I felt like I hadn't been there in a year (true) but simultaneously like I had just left. What felt like a very short time being in person has made me more excited for Senior year, although I can't believe its already so close. The absurdity of Junior Year has opened my eyes to enjoying what I have while I have it, which I hope to keep in mind next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...