Junior Year was quite the experience all in all. I learned so much about myself and made so many changes to my lifestyle -either good or bad. To make things interesting I will break my Junior Year into four different Eras. Era 1 - Nap time. The beginning of the school year hardly felt like a school year and I was more focused on sleeping than any form of school. I would go to bed at around 2, wake up at 8:58 (2 minutes before class), go through my classes, be done at around 12:30 and then take a quick nap from which I got up and really started my day. At the time it was a great setup with me getting a lot of sleep and still having the day to play Xbox with my friends and hangout or play ball. However, the lasting effects weren't as great.
Era 2 - Rehabilitation. This Era was a great example of the failures of my Junior Year. Jumping back into in person classes was a true struggle. My grades started dropping, I started having no leisure time, and I was always behind on sleep. Not the greatest Era of Junior Year.
Era 3 - Back on Track. After the first few very, very rough weeks of returning to school, I began to get into the swing of things and start figuring out what worked and what didn't. I soon learned I was most productive at night (from like 8:00 to 11:30) and could grind out all my school work at one time. Any other time of the day I felt sluggish and needed constant breaks between assignments. Taking this into account I developed a schedule where I would have a break after school and then as soon as 7:30/8:00 hit I would grind out all my work. My grades started rising, I started having more leisure time, and I was finally catching up on sleep.
Era 4 - So close. My current Junior Year Era, the one where it feels like I am done, but I still have so much work to do. I picked up a job which I work now and will be working all summer, which makes me feel that much closer to summer. I can't tell you now if this era is a success or a failure, I guess finals and AP tests will be the judge of that.
Overall, I think Junior Year was/is the beginning of the rest of my life. It seems like all years prior I had skewed priorities and was following other peoples schedules, ideals, etc. rather than my own. This year I really picked up things special to me and figured out what works well for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.