The perfect playlist for driving to school in the morning (currently):
Astronomy- Conan Gray
This is my go to song when I get in the car by myself as of recently. This song only came out a week or two ago so I’m listening to it on repeat until I eventually get sick of it. It’s a pretty sad song but it’s comforting and prepares me for the treacherous journey down Nicholasville road at 7 AM.
On the 5- Winnetka Bowling League
This song isn’t very happy either but it’s very relaxing. I’m always late leaving the house for school so I need something to listen to that will destress me. I’ve been listening to this band more and it’s hard to get tired of this song. I can, and have, listened to it for an hour straight.
Trouble- Cage the Elephant
After I stop at every red light on Nicholasville road, I get to my friend’s house to pick her up and I try to play music we both like. She likes Cage the Elephant and I’ve been playing this song every time I’m in the car. It’s more upbeat than the previous songs, but still indie-folkish.
Would That I- Hozier
I don’t know what it is about this song that I love so much. It is essentially flawless. The verses are light and calming, and the chorus is perfect to scream to. This song is great for either a sunny or rainy day.
Levitating (feat. DaBaby)- Dua Lipa
This song is optional. It’s genre is very much pop, but it’s super catchy. It is very different from the rest of the playlist and is only included on certain days. I only play this song if it’s nice and sunny outside and if I know it will be a good day. However, if I’m in a bad mood this is the last song I want to hear on the aux.
Stubborn Love- The Lumineers
As I get closer to school, the morning stress comes back because I have to worry about parking and actually going to school. Therefore I want to bring the mood back down and try to relax. You can’t really go wrong with the Lumineers.
She’s Always a Woman- Billy Joel
This is one of the greatest songs ever. I usually play this song right before I leave the car to drag myself up the hill to school. It’s not exactly a happy song but it puts me in the right mindset to go to class for some reason. It’s just a really good song. There is no room for debate.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.