Sunday, May 16, 2021

Assignment 23: Bohannon

 I actually went into the music I'd been listening to lately for this blog entry to figure out what I should do. I noticed that's there's actually a lot of country in it recently, because it's what I mostly listen to in summer. Sadly my friends are mostly not fans of country, so when I'm driving they don't like the music. But, a few of the songs that have played they have liked! I've found out that the key is to  mostly play songs that were popular when we were younger, because they are more familiar. So this is the playlist to use to convert your friends to liking country music, or at least tolerate it playing.


1. Live Like You Were dying- Tim McGraw

This song came out in 2004, so most people first heard this when we were younger. It's a country classic, it tells a story of what a guy does when he finds out he's dying. Most of the time when your younger and you hear a song, it's exciting when it plays when you're older, especially when you have not heard it in a while. This song is so catchy and has more meaning than a usual country song, since it doesn't only talk about beer and boats.

2.  Cruise- Florida Georgia Line

Back to what I was saying about childhood songs, this song was all over the radio when I was little. It's more on the pop country side, but it's so catchy and most people like to sing it.

3.  When It Rains It Pours- Luke Combs

This song is usually liked because then lyrics are actually goofy. Combs talks about how after he broke up with his girlfriend he got a ridiculous amount of luck, like winning the lottery and a radio competition for a trip to Florida. It's always another good option if you are wanting to avoid the stereotypes regarding country.

4.  Beautiful Crazy- Luke Combs

This song is Luke Combs' most known song, because most people enjoy it. It's honestly just a really calm, sweet song. So I usually play it to see if anyone likes it. A lot of the time people end up knowing the words because it looped through the regular radio for a good two months.

5. Would You Go With Me- Josh Turner

There is something about the chorus of this song that is just like crack. Most people like it even if they have never liked country music, and it is really fun to sing along to. Always a good one.

6- Blue Ain't Your Color- Keith Urban

This song works well for the people who don't like how in your face country can be. The whole song is really calm, and it's unique in how Urban is pretty much giving the girl a backhanded compliment. He is saying how she is so pretty, but she doesn't look the best in blue. This was actually the first country song one of my friends admitted to liking, after hating on it for the past three months.

7- Heartache Medication- Jon Pardi

After you have kind of introduced your friend to the less country country songs, I usually introduce this one. Jon Pardi has a very eastern country voice, which can make some people not enjoy country music. But this song is so catchy and once they start to appreciate country, it's always a winner.


This is all I have because if they don't like it at this point I don't know what to tell you. But if you just force them to listen to it I think they will start to like it better. It's kind of like old Taylor Swift songs, they aren't as fun to listen to if you can't scream the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...