Saturday, April 10, 2021

Assignment 23-Lee

The playlist that I made is about losing someone. Recently one of my friends lost his father to a heart attack. I felt awful and music helps me feel emotions and so I made a playlist and every time I play it I always think about my friend losing his dad and I do cry. The first song on the playlist is "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" by Green Day. This song is a song that I have always related to losing someone you care about in life. My mom always gets emotional when she hears the song because one of her former patients committed suicide and this song was played at his funeral. This song is talks about the unpredictable and hoping that whoever died had a great life while they were alive. The second song is "Memories" by Maroon 5. This song was written by Maroon 5 in honor of everyone that people have lost. This song talks about remembering the good times that you had with those that you lost. Being with those that also remember that person and having drinks that help them remember all the adventures and good times they had with each other. The next song is "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton. This song talks about someone being in Heaven and whether they might recognize you. My friends father was a great man and I would like to think that he looks down on my friend and is by his side. The fourth song on this playlist is "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by John Denver. This song talks about this guy presumably the father leaving his family to go far away. He gets to say a lot of goodbyes and how he wishes he didn't have to leave. My friend's father died due to a heart attack which is so sudden and its just terrible because the unexpected death means that my friend did not get to say proper goodbyes and maybe none at all. This song just makes me very emotional and I believe is a great addition to the playlist. The final song on the playlist is "Supermarket Flowers"  by Ed Sheeran. This song is about a loved one, in my friends case his father,  being an angel and his passing just returns him back to God. The lyrics express that person being there for the speaker and I know my friends father was always supportive and although it hurts that the person was lost, they will be back home with God. Every time I listen to this playlist I cry and it just connects me to my friend and his father in a really special way to me. Each song brings a different aspect of the loss and together it encapsulates the loss overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...