Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Assignment 23 - Adkins

 This playlist is my playlist for this one particular country drive I like to do when I need to just clear my mind or just feel like driving. The playlist is a little over 10 songs so I'll just touch on the best but yeah, the route is quite diverse because it covers some open four lane roads, some tight and winding two lane roads around the Kentucky River, and some flat straight two lane bits as you near where I turn around. So I've got these songs basically hand picked to be played at certain bits of the drive.

The first song is "Big City" by Merle Haggard, this song is perfect for the little bit of the drive where I'm still in Lexington which isn't long for me because I live very close the Jessamine County border. But the song is basically just about wanting to leave the city, quit your job and live in Montana. Which honestly doesn't sound bad. But it's fitting cause when I'm driving I'm heading out of the city for a bit.

The next song is "My Church" by Maren Morris on this playlist, this song is great for the open four lane road bit on Harrodsburg road. The song compares church to like the artist making music and driving. And it is such a great song to drive with the windows down and sing.

After "My Church" there's two other songs for open four lane roads and then eventually it becomes a winding two lane and the song I've got for this pit is "Pancho and Lefty" by Merle Haggard, this song is a bit slower and quieter which is good because you don't want a loud, upbeat song when you're taking tight turns. This song is about two outlaws in which one of them passes away in the first verse and the rest of the song is about the other having to move on from it. Which is sad but in a way it's kind of calming and humbling.

The next song on the playlist is "Old Man" by Neil Young. This song I'm actually not really sure what it's about but it's extremely calming with a slow build up of tempo towards the end. It's perfect for when you're climbing out of the holler and the roads become straighter.

After Old man there's a few upbeat songs and then probably my favorite country song of all time, which is "Buy me a Boat" by Chris Janson. This song is a pretty upbeat song about how people say you don't need money to be happy, money can't buy everything, and all that. Then he's like yeah that maybe so, but it could by me a boat, and I just think it's a fun relatable song.

Then there's a few more like fun up beat songs like, "Family Tradition" by Hank Williams Jr. and "Long White Line" by Sturgill Simpson which is like a country bluegrass mix and a good song that I use as a transition into some Tyler Childers.

I've got two Tyler Childers songs on the playlist, "Whitehouse Road" which is more similar to the Sturgill Simpson song, is about the artists life in Appalachia, and it's got a fun beat and catchy lyrics which just makes it a good driving song. The other song by Tyler Childers on this playlist is "Feathered Indians", which is a bit more chill and is about the artist falling in love and giving up some of his bad habits because of it. This song and the one before are both just good driving songs and since they're more bluegrass and chill if the timing is right they'd be played as I'm driving back through the winding roads around the Kentucky River.

As I'm heading back towards Lexington and onto the four lane roads again, I've got "Guitar Man" by Elvis Presley and "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash which are both more upbeat and I tend to go a bit fast when listening to them but it's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...