An unusual circumstance in my life is that my parents are divorced. This isn't that unusual at all, but it impacts my life everyday. As far as having divorced parents goes, it is really just inconvenient, especially since their houses are in two different counties, so I can't just pop over and get something. Oh, I need my textbook for school? Too bad, its at Dad's house. Oh, I wanna wear this shirt? Whoopsie, left it at Mom's. Oh, I'm going to the other house for a few days? Better shove everything I own in my backpack! Of course I have basic stuff like a toothbrush, half my clothes, etc., at each house but it gets really annoying thinking about other things I need and what I have at each house. For college, it will be so nice to just have one place, presumably a dorm and later an apartment, where all my stuff is. This eliminates an entire area where I need to plan, and I won't have to play 4-D chess in my mind just to make sure I'll have clothes for the week. I feel this aspect of my life has made me very adaptable, and in college I think I will be able to settle in well and make it my "home away from homes."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.