Friday, February 12, 2021

Assignment 19 - Liau

The best piece of advice I've ever gotten is variations of "stop thinking, just race, be confident" from basically all my swim coaches. I had a hard time swimming fast at meets for a while and would end up crying and panicking at every single meet, which I'm sure was fun for my coaches to deal with. Every time they would tell me to stop overthinking my swimming, clear my mind, believe in myself for once, and just race. I'd then complain that I couldn't mentally do that and didn't know how to not think because it just seemed impossible. It took a while for it to stick, but one day it eventually clicked and I was able to swim without panicking the entire race about what I was doing right and doing wrong. While this advice isn't optimal for everything in life, because sometimes you should think while doing stuff, it has helped me realize that overthinking is not a way to live. Additionally, it taught me I should have more faith in my abilities, whether it be swimming or school, because chances are I can do it I just don't think I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...