Monday, February 15, 2021

Assignment 19- Hannah Morris

 The most important and meaningful piece of advice I've been given was probably from my boss who is only a few years older than me when we were discussing our troubles in some social situations. She told me to "walk into a room and pretend like everyone already loves you". While it is still difficult to aways follow this, the piece of advice has helped me not be so embarrassed or focused on myself when talking to people I am not super familiar with. I feel as though I have a completely different personality to those I am close with vs people I am not so it has helped me be more myself by coaxing myself not to worry about what they may be thinking.

It also helped me make more friends as I was still pretty new to Lexington in general, living here less than a year in. It helped me lower my guard down a bit and feel more comfortable and not seem so boring to unfamiliar people. It even helped me at my job because a large part of it required I talk to people that I do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...