If I'm being honest, I find bucket lists stupid.
I assure you there's a reason, I'm not trying to be combative. It's important to set goals. To pursue a specific vision of the lifestyle you want to live. That's admirable! However, bucket lists are counterintuitive.
The very definition of a bucket list is "things you wanna do before you _____." Most times that blank is replaced with the word "die." The issue is that instead of focusing on your life, and enjoying the ups and downs, the small victories, and celebrating the little things in life, you're focusing on the ever ticking clock and the idea or script of how you want something to go. Our time, like everyone else's, is limited. We're all gonna die. But, honestly, that's okay. The finite notion of infinite time is a rabbithole I'm very familiar with. Instead of scrambling to check off some list before your time runs out, focus on the time you do have. But since that isn't the assignment, I won't go into all of this.
Anyways.
High School:
1. Get my driver's license and go places with friends on a whim.
2. Get into dream college
3. Ex. Curriculars: Captain of defense, breakout acting role, go to regionals for Speech in HI, Vice President of Young Dems, Regional Position for Jack and Jill
College:
1. Land a movie or series role
2. Figure myself out as a person
3. Become fluent in a language and travel/study abroad
Die:
1. An Oscar or an Emmy
2. Husband and kids
3. Die happy with really good friends and family
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.