For my director, I chose Quentin Tarantino (big surprise). The two movies which I watched were Django Unchained and Pulp Fiction. Both movies keep you on your toes, looking out for twists and random action scenes. This was a little more prevalent in Pulp Fiction, but there were surely some of these scenes in Django as well. One scene that particular fits this description is when Bruce Willis (portraying Butch) is fleeing town when he comes across the man trying to kill him, Marsellus Wallace, who is crossing the street. Without any ramp up, Butch slams on the gas and hits Wallace. This sudden change in tempo is seen very little in movies, but is seen in both Django and Pulp Fiction. The scene in Django that comes to mind is at the very end. Django is chained up and being brought to a new plantation when he convinces his captors that there is a bounty ready to be claimed in his past plantation. After lots of contemplation, the captors decide that they would claim the bounty with Django and set him free. Once free, Django asks for a gun to protect himself with, but once he gets it he immediately turns on his slavers and shoots them all without hesitation. This quick change of pace is evident in many Tarantino films, and I will be sure to look for it when I re-watch my favorite films. It is interesting how Tarantino films can carry such different plots all the while having the same overall feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.