One thing I think is very important is racial inequality, specifically in healthcare. Over the past few months between the issues of repeated police brutality and the pandemic, this combined issue has been brought to light. It’s something I’ve had the privilege of never having to have had considered before, but now it is something that I’m very much aware of. During COVID-19 there has been a disproportionate amount of deaths in the black american community than the white community, and this is for many reasons. One reason is there is a disproportionate amount of opportunity for minorities to find housing, and what they do get is more crowded with less reliable transportation. Another factor is the lack of healthcare provided, and even when there is healthcare there are linguistic and cultural barriers that prevent minorities from getting the same quality of treatment. There are a ton of other contributing factors, but overall healthcare inequality is a huge issue that needs to be fixed immediately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.