Something that recently refilled my “geek-meter” was rediscovering the Nickelodeon animated series “Avatar: The Last Airbender” over quarantine. The show premiered when I was a young kid, and my brother and I used to watch it religiously. What is crazy is how it is equally appealing to me now as it was 10 years ago. I think if we all take a minute to get ourselves, and understand that just because a show is animated (or intended for children), doesn’t mean it is not brilliant with complicated characters and their arcs. I’m having a similar experience while watching “Star Wars: The Clone Wars.” One of the coolest things about watching Avatar is all of the fighting styles. In the show, you have elemental “benders” of earth, water, fire, and air. Each form or bending has its own unique style, and each style was inspired by real fighting arts. I highly recommend watching to anyone, of any age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.