Sunday, December 13, 2020

Carter- Assignment 14

 Traditions are such an important part of the holiday experience and it’s really intriguing to see how these traditions differ across homes within a region. Recently I have been asking several of my friends about how they deal with presents under the tree. I have learned that there are two schools of thought. One is that as gifts arrive, they are wrapped and set immediately under the tree to create a growing pile of loot over the holiday season. The other theory is that gifts should be hidden away in a cabinet of some sort until Christmas Day when voila! Santa has come to town and now you have the surprise of presents under your tree. You tell me which one sounds more exciting, more nostalgic. Which reminds you of the magic of Santa and his reindeer? You would think most would choose to wait to put gifts under the tree, but there was a surprising amount of support for both schools of thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...