Friday, December 18, 2020

Assignment 9 - Biddle

 Personally something I can talk about for hours is the rape culture represented throughout society and how many individuals get away with such an awful crime because of our justice system. One thing I find extremely upsetting about rape cases is that after the incident has occurred and the woman reports it in order for a rape kit to be completed she must be completely naked and doctors must examine every part of her body. Not only can this be scarring for women who have just been through something so traumatizing but because it is often done at a hospital and needs to be done within 24 hours of the event. The doctors are often male and women are also often unable to request a female doctor because of time or state of emergency throughout the hospital. There are also very little resources provided to victims including a lack of mental health resources and a lack of physical health outlets for them to follow up to in order to make sure they do not have diseases, are pregnant, or have any health related issues caused by the event. I truly feel our society should give more help to victims and can find a way to make the process of dealing with rapists much harsher and give much more punishment unto them. Our society continues to allow women to be sexualized based on their looks or how they dress and I would truly like to see that be reformed and see our society stop supporting rape culture for my safety and many other women's safety as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...