Monday, December 14, 2020

Assignment 14- Gersony

 Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. My family is pretty secular so there are many popular holidays that we hardly celebrate. But, for Thanksgiving, we get to leave Kentucky and take the 15 hour drive up to New York to stuff ourselves with food surrounded by loved ones. What more could one want? The day is spent lounging around talking loudly about various topics such as the news, politics, and sports. A select few, including myself, spend most of the day in the kitchen making various dishes and pies. I get to catch up with my cousins, aunts and uncles about everything new this past year and beat them at various games such as connect four and Rummy 500. One fun year, we put on our winter coats and went outside in the cold northern air and played a game of football. This year, we had Thanksgiving at home in Kentucky, and while I still got to talk to my family's pixelated faces and eat much of the same food, it just didn't feel the same. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mihaylov-Assignment 26

  This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...