So usually for Thanksgiving, I go with my nuclear family to West Virginia to meet the rest of the family. Generally, we leave that Tuesday afternoon and make the four-hour drive to Barrett where my great-grandparents live to spend Wednesday and half of Thanksgiving day with my dad's side of the family. Since Barrett is pretty much in the middle of nowhere there isn't any service that forces you to socialize and all that fun stuff, which is good. After we eat Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family we leave for Summersville which is about an hour from Barrett. We usually get to Summersville around six but we don't normally have "Thanksgiving" until Friday night because my cousins from North Carolina and Texas usually don't make it in until late Thursday as well. My mom's side of the family is a lot larger so it tends to be more hectic, but it's still fun. Saturday dinner is usually over at my mom's oldest sister's house which is also in Summersville and she makes the best spaghetti so generally, that is what we have. We usually try to leave for Lexington just after lunch Sunday, and yeah that's my Thanksgiving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.