I feel like everyone should know psychology, even just the basics. When I took psychology class, even though it was the most basic, simplified, barebones version you could get, it still made me think a lot about how other people behaved and how I treated others as well as myself. I distinctly remember doing the unit on defense mechanisms, and being able to attribute a person for each mechanism inside my head, including myself. I personally project, so when I don’t like a person I think that they don’t like me so that I have a reason to dislike them, but really I’m the one who dislikes them or is just intimidated. It also was really interesting to dive deeper into common psychiatric diagnoses like depression and anxiety and how they affect the brain. It would be so beneficial if everyone learnt psychology because it can help them normalize how they feel but also be more empathetic and understanding towards others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mihaylov-Assignment 26
This year, even though I slacked off on blogs and Wednesday assignments, I didn't miss a single Timed Writing. And sure, that's no...
-
The funniest part about this blog is I'm writing quite a long time after the due date. And that's my main failure of second semest...
-
Junior year. This year was honestly mixed. I met some of my favorite people ever because of covid. I lost my junior year of high school beca...
-
I always say that my unique factor is being adopted from China at a young age, so for the purposes of this prompt I will stick to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.